
Tashkent residents are well familiar with the three-story brick building with a rounded corner to the left of СUM. It was built in 1920 by architect Leonid Voronin for the “Sredazugol” organization.
In the 1940s–1950s, the Chemical Faculty of the
Polytechnic Institute was located here.
Many call this building the “Architecture
Faculty,” as it indeed housed the faculty starting from 1966.
Later, the Architecture Faculty of the
Polytechnic Institute became part of the Architecture and Construction
Institute and moved to another building.
Currently, the National Center for Human Rights
of the Republic of Uzbekistan is located here.
The building has been reconstructed, with window
frames replaced by plastic ones, which has spoiled its original appearance.

The well-known building on Broadway (Sayilgoh Street) in Tashkent, which now houses the Ministry of...
The distinctive buildings of the Bogkucha housing estate were designed by architects G. Korobtsev, ...

In the spring of 2011, the Navoi Fair was demolished, and construction of eight seven-story reside...

At the end of the 19th century, two orphanages operated in Tashkent — the Alexandrovsky and the Kau...