
The building is well known to every Tashkent resident: for nearly 80 years, it visually “anchors” Hadra Square and the intersection of Navoi and Furkat streets. It is one of the first “Stalin-era” buildings — constructed without excess ornamentation but still looking solemn and beautiful. The effect is achieved through expressive elements: a recessed niche with columns, vertically paired balconies, and stylized Eastern arches above the first-floor windows.
The architect of the building is A. A.
Mukhamedshin. Built in 1947 as a dormitory for the Mining Technical School.
Later, the owners changed several times; now it houses JSC “Uzkimyosanoat.”
Eyewitnesses recall that it was built by Japanese prisoners of war.
Throughout the years, the building,
visible from all sides, has been used for visual propaganda — and now for
advertising banners. When passing or driving by — take another look at this old
acquaintance.
The Academy of Sciences building on Yahya Gulamov Street (formerly Gogol) involuntarily draws atten...

Tashkent residents are familiar with the beautiful building of unusual architecture featuring Easte...

The botanist and pharmacist Hieronymus Ivanovich Krause arrived in Tashkent in 1870 and began worki...

In 2012, the Tashkent administration and Hyatt International signed an agreement for the construct...