
The building for the Military Assembly was constructed in 1885, and its overall appearance has been preserved to this day. At that time, it served as a club for officers stationed in Tashkent. The building housed the largest auditorium of its time, where amateur performances were staged and touring theaters performed.
A beautiful garden was
laid out nearby, extending to the bank of the Chauli River.
During the Soviet years,
the building housed the Red Army House, and from 1945, it was renamed the
District Officers’ House (ODO). After gaining independence, the building was
transferred to the Central Officers’ House of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic
of Uzbekistan.
In 2013, the Tashkent
State Law University was established in the building. However, Tashkent
residents, out of habit, still refer to both the place and the building itself
as “ODO.”
The remnants of the old
park with large trees and a sculpture of a mountain goat on a stone hill have
survived to the present day.

One of the first buildings on the planned Navoi Avenue was the “Rodina” (“Vatan”) cinema. It appear...

In 1933, the Council of People's Commissars of the Uzbek SSR decided to build Uzbekistan's third hy...

The building is easily recognizable due to its monumental architecture. It was constructed in 1997...

In 2012, the Tashkent administration and Hyatt International signed an agreement for the construct...