
The beautiful building on the Square was constructed in 1895 by architect V. S. Heinzelman and was intended for the Tashkent branch of the Imperial State Bank.
During the Soviet years,
it housed the Central Asian branch of "Prombank."
Currently, the building
accommodates one of the branches of "Uzpromstroybank"
("Uzsanoatqurilishbank"), where repairs and reconstruction have been
carried out to restore the exterior and interior appearance close to its
original state.
Inside, the money lift
has been preserved, and on the second floor, a small museum has been created,
featuring an exhibition of old banknotes, typewriters, arithmometers, and
archival photographs.

The light-blue nine-story residential buildings with the “Children’s World” store, constructed in ...

The Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus began construction in 1912 on the high ba...

In 1933, the Council of People's Commissars of the Uzbek SSR decided to build Uzbekistan's third hy...

Yunus Khan of Moghulistan (1415-1487) was a gifted man and influential politician. He ruled over Ta...